Current Events

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Egad, More Random Thoughts on Politics – Mean Nasty Grandiose Prevaricator


After I Googled mean nasty grandiose prevaricator and got “The Real Ronald Reagan,” I tried some variations and soon found an article entitled “Newt Gingrich and Charlie Sheen: Separated at Birth?”   I figured it just said they had been born joined at the lip and moved on but later I went back to see if there was more.  The piece is by Steve Heilig in the San Francisco Chronicle.  Here’s the Link: http://blog.sfgate.com/sheilig/2012/01/30/newt-gingrich-and-charlie-sheen-separated-at-birth/   It has a long list of quotes from Gingrich and Sheen and challenges the reader to figure out who said what.  Samples: 

“I don’t have time for their judgement (sic) and their stupidity.”
“A mere forty years ago, beach volleyball was just beginning. No bureaucrat would have invented it, and that’s what freedom is all about.”
“The fact is, we can afford a fairly ignorant presidency now.”
“I have a different constitution. I have a different brain; I have a different heart; I got tiger blood, man.”
“(My) Primary mission, Advocate of civilization, Definer of civilization, Teacher of the rules of civilization, Leader of the civilizing forces.”
“I have defeated this earthworm with my words. Imagine what I would have done with my fire breathing fists.”
“The problem isn’t too little money in political campaigns, but not enough.”
“(I am)  “The most serious, systematic revolutionary of modern times.”

And there's much, much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment